Two weeks have almost passed since coming back to Joy's and its the same as always, in a lovely, yet slightly monotonous, way. Last week was quite hard at times as I had plenty of time to think about home and to miss stuff about it whilst mindlessly colouring posters all day. However, I came through stronger as always when I rely on God and seek comfort in Him. My poster count is now up to seven completed with the eighth in progress, but due to little data I'm afraid you won't get to see it this time.
The days are very hot as we are firmly in the dry season here. Rain would be welcomed by most, I think, myself included as its getting to the stage where I'm having to ration my showers, and then use my shower water to flush the toilet as the cistern takes over 20 hours to actually fill up again. And when I turn the tap on which bris water in from the tank, its full of bits of dirt which have settled over night. It's kind of gross, I know, but you all have a never ending water supply! I'm just saving our limited resources. There is thankfully still enough water to shower every few days (I just try to ignore the colour of the water!), and to wash clothes - I did my penultimate hand washing of clothes this morning! Evenings are mainly consisting of colouring and labelling a body, killing the swarms of mosquitos (my reflexes are getting so good because of killing them by clapping) and reading a bit of my geography book which I started in India but have only read 120 pages of!
This week has been much busier, so I'm back to loving everything about life here! I have started my mural in the kindergarten too, which I am loving. Sketched it out at the beginning of the week and started painting it yesterday. It's the biggest piece of art I've done, and it is so much fun! It's also much more tiring than colouring an A1 poster, but hey ho. I will eventually put a photo up so you can see it, but it is just as well you wait a while until its finished. I reckon Tuesday should be the day of final touches, which is just as well as I will be heading back to Kampala on Friday so will need those couple of days after to wrap up the posters and clean and all. Oh, and sometime in my last week here I am also hoping to find time to start reflecting on and processing the last few months and preparing myself for going home. No time to miss you all anymore!
One week left here in Maya - two clinics, four beautiful walks, one walk with beautiful children, two posters still to do, one Sunday school and a mural to finish. By Friday evening I should hopefully to back at John's which I am really looking forward to; John, Sophie and Patience are like my family and I can't wait to have another few days with them before I leave. Sadly, the timing isn't so great as for the most part of my three days back there, John is hosting another team so I can't have the family all to myself. But I will be back someday, so it's all good. In those three days I will continue to to reflecting, processing and a lot of praying as well as getting the final bits I need to buy, errands to run, packing to do and friends to say goodbye to (including an afternoon at the Acholi Quarters). So there you go, the run down of my final ten days in Uganda! This week I am having an Internet free one which will help me focus on God and all that has happened, so don't worry about my silence. Have a lovely week or so until I next write. Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment