I have so much to fill you in on. When was my last blog? From Bangkok? I'm sorry I have been quiet for so long, but things have been very busy for me with abundant travels and very little free time. From Bangkok we moved down to Mae Phim, a little tourist town on the coast of Thailand for our 'de-briefing' week which was idyllic. It consisted of lots of free time to process all that had happened in Thailand and Cambodia and all the ways God had worked in me personally, in our team and in the work that we did. We also had plenty of time just to be and relax in the sea and on the beach. Here is one photo to make you all a tad envious...
Then we travelled back to India and to our home here in Himachal where we were greeted by warm friends and very cold weather! The Himalayas are crazy - for a couple of days in the middle of last week we had strong sun so I managed to get a tad sunburnt in my face, and the next day we had sleet and snow. We currently have snow and sun which is a more pleasant combination, but I've decided that I much prefer snow when you have a house with a heater to go into after to warm up - we don't have any heaters here, and for the last two days we've had no electricity so we can't even use the small electric one we have. That was interesting with trying to bake brownies with no oven, so we've been eating brownie mix for dinner and some had it for breakfast this morning too!
On Saturday we had a celebration of all that the last months has held for my family here and it officially ended time. So much has happened in all of us that the afternoon was not long enough to reflect and thank God for all He has done. Many of us girls wanted to have one last time being Indian so we went all out and got saris! They are so fun to wear, you feel super fancy. But there's a reason you don't find Indians from the north wearing saris very often, because they do not fit with the climate. We were crazy to wear saris in the snow, but it made the celebration even more festive.
So now it's time to move on and finish my time in India. This time next week I will be on my way to or at Delhi airport waiting for the second half of my gap year to start in Uganda. Until then, a couple of friends and I will be travelling around north India being tourists for a week. We were meant to start yesterday to Shimla, but had to postpone our departure by 24 hours due to the snow so we are on the road now to the capital of Himachal. From Shimla we will most likely go into Rajasthan for a coupler of days before seeing the Taj Mahal and ending in Delhi. This is our rough plan, but who knows how it will actually turn out!
I have really loved my time here, and its safe to say it has been pretty life changing! It has been a huge blessing to me: I have grown in my beliefs, I have friends who I will always treasure, I have met some hugely inspirational people, I have seen some wonderful ways God is being served in Thailand and Cambodia and I have been able to live in this beautiful region and country and call it home for a while. Who knows if or when I will be back, but this part of India will always hold such wonderful memories!



No comments:
Post a Comment